Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott

I wish I could live by this quote, or better to say, I wish I was living by this quote.  I am definitely afraid of the storms in my life.  The anxiety, the bipolar, the borderline-I'm afraid of all of those things and all of the things that go along with those packages.  I'm working on getting better and my therapist this week told me that I have to learn that I'm more than those things; that these diseases don't define me.  That seems hard to believe at moments, especially when I'm so enveloped in the anxiety right now.  I am happy to report that the depression seems to be getting a little better with each passing day-thanks to the Lamictal, and keeping myself surrounded with more positive things.  Hopefully everything else just gets better with more time.  I have to remember not to put a timeline on recovery, as author Judith Bemis says not to do.  Happy Saturday to all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the depression is easing. Positive things are good especially if you can apprieciate them. It's hard not to let illness define you especially when so much weight is attached to certain labels. Happy Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete