Thursday, April 1, 2010

Halle Berry-haircut

I'm too sensitive.  I know this.  I also know it's part of the borderline personlity disorder.  I have tried to grow a thicker skin, but to no avail.  I got my haircut yesterday, and my hair was already short, but I went even shorter: aka Halle Berry in her super short hairstyle days.  I think it looks cute.  Plus, on days when I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning and getting going, it's super easy to style, which I appreciate.

When I came home, my dad said "could your hair be shorter, I think it's too long".  He kept making comments like this the rest of yesterday and again today, to the point where I welled up with tears but he kept going.  Couldn't he see how I was reacting to his commentary?  Apparently not.  My therapist said that I needed to communicate my feelings to him, but I feel like that would do no good, just cause an argument.  So instead, I keep my mouth shut and continue to take it.  I feel that that is better than a confrontation.

On a separate note, for some reason, I'm now having a mini-panic attack, for no reason at all, maybe my impending get together with my acquaintance tomorrow?  I feel itchy all over, my heart is beating fast, and I feel like I have to keep moving-I can't sit still.  I'm going to try and not take an Ativan and just sit through it.  I'm going to Mass tonight.  I hope I can sit still through that without too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment