Monday, February 22, 2010

It's a new week

So last week, fed up with Adderall and ready to just let the suffering be over, I went to the doctor (he was a tele-med doc, which means we communicated via computer screen), and he prescribed Lamictal.  He told me I might just be one of those people who are very susceptible to side effects and who it is hard to find medications that work for.  So, now we're cycling back through the meds I've already tried to see if they work.  I've been on Lamictal almost a week and it's hard to tell.  I still have difficulty getting up in the morning, making myself get dressed, and put on makeup and try and find some semblance of a schedule.  I still have that "crawl out of your skin feeling", and am having trouble sleeping without the Ambien.  But, I feel a little less depressed I think.  My parents are leaving my alone for the day on Sunday and instead of being afraid that I'll hurt myself or drink in their absence I'm looking forward to a day in my sweats with a couple of movies and a carryout pizza.  I don't think that's at all depressing, do you?  So, here's to a better week than last.  I pray the Lamictal starts to work on both poles of the bipolar.

No comments:

Post a Comment