Sunday, December 12, 2010

I wanted a drink...

I had family come in from out of town this weekend which was a lot of fun.  I felt like I could be myself, which lately is pretty quiet and very manic-happy at moments.  It was relaxing to a point.  I unfortunately had to spend time with my evil sister, who has got to be the most pretentious person on the planet.  She was civil to me and maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to her bitchy antics, but she seemed just a bit less nice to me than to everyone else.  I don't think I'm imagining it.  I'm glad the weekend is over if only because that means I don't have to see her for a few days.

We went to a basketball game on Friday night and my cousins and sister all got beers.  I sat next to my cousin with his beer and the smell of it was so intoxicating.  Beer was never even my drink of choice, but I was just so entranced with this beer.  It was driving me crazy.  So, I need to double-dose the AA meetings this week.  I think I need some extra help especially since it's the holidays and it's hard for me to be around others while they are drinking and I clearly cannnot.

I've been having daily headaches/migraines for about 2 months.  It is really wearing on me.  I take loads of Tylenol, motrin, and excedrin migraine and nothing seems to help.  I don't know what to do.  My neurologist has basically had it with me since he knows I abuse meds and since he's tried everything he can try.  He says I need to seek out other methods like massage or accupuncture, but what he doesn't know is that I am on a very limited fixed income and can't afford methods like that.  I don't know what to do.  It's like pain is coming at me from several different angles and I feel very ill-equipped to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on not taking a drink! This is a very tempting time of year so you did well.
    ((pat on back))

    ReplyDelete